Docomomo International is pleased to share that the call for papers for the 2021 Online Conference of the Universities Art Association of Canada / Congrès en ligne 2021 de l’Association d’art des Universités du Canada (UAAC-AAUC) in open until 16th May 2021.
Every fall, the UAAC-AAUC hosts Canada’s professional conference for visual arts-based research by art historians, professors, artists, curators, and cultural workers. The conference is held at a different location each year, generally at a Canadian university or college. The sessions and panels address issues and subjects in art history, theory, and practice from various methodological approaches.
We invite paper proposals for the UAAC-AAUC Conference 2021 Congrès. We offer a range of panels and roundtables – 37 in total – that reflect the UAAC’s diverse constituents in terms of membership and scholarship. See the Call for Papers (pdf) o view available sessions and session chairs. Submit proposals by using the Call for Papers Proposal Form (pdf). Proposals are sent directly to the chair(s) of the session.
We invite 300-word abstracts of the proposed papers to be sent along with a a brief biography (150 words maximum) to Tatiane de Oliveira Elias, email@example.com, and Patricia Branco Cornish, Concordia University, firstname.lastname@example.org, by 16 May 2021.
1. Applicants may present in only one session, roundtable, or panel.
2. Applicants may not submit proposals to more than two sessions, roundtables, or workshops. If submitting two proposals they must advise the chairs of both sessions.
3. Proposals must be sent directly to the chair(s) of the session, roundtable, or workshop.
4. Submissions must include: the applicant’s email address, name, institutional affiliation, brief biography (150 words maximum); title of the proposal; proposal (300 words maximum)
5. Submissions must be submitted via the “Call for Papers” form.
6. Proposals may be submitted by current members or non-members of UAAC. Nonmembers must become members of UAAC and pay registration fees in order to present a paper at the conference. Membership dues and registration fees must be received by September 20, 2021.
7. Proposals are invited from permanent and contractual faculty, independent scholars and artists, and graduate students in terminal degree programs (examples: PhD, MFA, MDes, etc.) who are engaged in the visual arts (studio practice, art history, visual culture, material culture, museum studies, art conservation, etc.). MA students are not permitted to give papers at the conference. Graduate students are invited to participate in the “Graduate Student Lightning Talks.”
8. Session chairs may not make a presentation in their own session. However, they may submit a proposal to another session, roundtable, or workshop.
For more information, please visit the UAAC-AAUC website.