Docomomo International is pleased to share the Call for Papers for IAAC‘s (Institute for Advanced Architecture of Catalonia) bi-annual symposium Responsive Cities 2021, a global platform to experiment and rethink urban environments in response to today’s global challenges. This is in collaboration with the BUILDs Project which is co-funded by the Erasmus+ Programme of the European Union.
This Call aims to boost the reflection on how the integration of technologically enhanced NBS in cities can generate innovative visions, methodologies, and solutions.
– Can the use of technologies support NBS integration in cities with the final goal to enhance the provision of ecosystem services?
– How can we strengthen social relations through the implementation of innovative NBS?
Will the technology-mediated implementation of NBS in cities lead to the development of innovative business models targeted at addressing current urban challenges?
The Responsive Cities Symposium: Design with Nature is organized around the following topics:
DESIGN – bio-design | environmental feedback | collective intelligence
BUILD – reintegrating nature | digital fabrication | new bio-inspired planning paradigms
ADAPT – nature-based solutions | biotechnology | black ecologies
PERFORM – living systems | increased liveability | ecosystem services
SHARE – participatory design | novel virtual environments for co-design | symbiosis
LEARN – new educational models | applied research | making
- Extended Abstract Submission: 19th September 2021
- Selection of participants: 3rd October 2021
- Deadline for full paper: 7th November 2021
- Symposium dates: 11th-12th November 2021
To know more about the Call for Papers, please visit IAAC’s website.