Docomomo International would like to share the ESACH open call for contributions in view of the release of The ESACH Quarterly n°2, the second issue of the educational association’s magazine which will feature the work of its members.
The ESACH Quarterly is the international, peer-reviewed magazine of the European Students’ Association for Cultural Heritage (ESACH), that provides an Open Access space for the discussion and publication of grounded university and independently carried research, professional activity, and content in various formats exemplifying personal engagement into all aspects of Cultural Heritage.
The magazine’s goal is to provide an interdisciplinary platform for debate to ESACH members, who as authors would have the opportunity in expanding their outreach and enrich their perspective through peer-to-peer and public review.
The ESACH Quarterly is open to academic, professional, artistic, critical and creative contributions that fall within the focus of the association’s magazine.
For the ongoing open issue, the Editorial Team invites original material from students and professionals in the early stages of their career, particularly welcoming:
· Articles in various formats (original research, case studies, opinion pieces, and the like);
· Informative pieces about public and private campaigns, projects, policy schemes and policy-making processes;
· Personal visual artworks as photography, drawing, painting, sculpture, architectural/ urban and spatial practices, digital representation media, handcrafted works and the like;
· Creative writing pieces such as short stories and poems;
· Reviews of books, exhibitions, or other media of relevant interest;
· Letters to the Editor following ESACH Talks, or letters to the editor regarding previous publications then supporting or opposing a stance expressed in the magazine, commenting on a current issue with updated evidence-based information and the like.
Submission deadline for all the above categories: August 27, 2021.
Acceptance notification: generally 2 weeks after the abstract submission.
Full papers submission: 2 months after the notification of abstract acceptance.
Further information on ESACH website.