The 16th Docomomo Council Meeting was held on the 31st August 2021, for the first time virtually via Zoom.
- Ratification of the following decisions:
- The headquarters of Docomomo International will be relocated to Delft University of Technology in January 2022, being Uta Pottgiesser elected as new chair of Docomomo International, and Wido Quist as new secretary-general for the period January 2022 – December 2025.
- The 17th International Docomomo Conference (2022) will take place in Valencia, Spain, between 7-10 September 2022, under the theme “Modern Design: Social Commitment & Quality of Life” (www.docomomoconference2022.com).
- Docomomo Singapore and Docomomo Thai were accepted as new Docomomo Working Parties.
- Bahrain, Bolivia, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Saudi Arabia and Sudan were approved as new Docomomo Working Parties. (link)
- Docomomo Estonia was deleted as Docomomo Working Party.
- The Docomomo International Specialist Committees’ (ISC) Reports of Activities, Plans of Action and Members were approved and are available at link.
- Henrieta Moravčíková, from Docomomo Slovakia, became a new member of the Advisory Board.
Docomomo International 2022 Membership and Fees 2022 will be collected from 1 January 2022 onwards, from the new Docomomo International Headquarters based at Delft University of Technology. Working Parties should wait to receive further instructions from the new team.
As no proposal has been received, all the Working Parties are invited to submit proposals for the 18th International Docomomo Conference (2024) by December 2021.